In addition to providing a clear conceptual framework for the technology transfer process, we have designed the ATTC Model to be a useful tool with practical applications.
For example, the model:
• Allows federal, state and other funders, program directors, and clinicians to more easily comprehend and appreciate the entire diffusion continuum, including the role of specific technology transfer activities.
• Clarifies the multi-tiered change process needed for successful implementation of evidence-based treatment practices
• Assists stakeholders in determining how to invest limited resources to increase the utilization and monitoring of those interventions.
• Leads to more satisfaction with the change process and fewer failed attempts to use innovations.
• Helps stakeholders to assess where they are along the diffusion continuum and indentify which activities are appropriate to facilitate the long-term implementation of an evidence-based practice.
Where do you fit into the model? Coming Soon ~ a self-assessment you can use to determine where your efforts to integrate EBPs into your work fit into the model.
In the meantime, please check out the resources under "for policy makers," "for agency directors," and "for clinicans" to learn about suggested activities in each stage of the model. Or, click here to download a FREE matrix of suggested activities for multiple, different stakeholder groups.